Women’s Heritage Walk
The Women’s Heritage Walk from Abu Dhabi to Al Ain is an annual 120 km female only trek that was launched in 2015 by American author and Clinical Counselor Jody Ballard.
She now continues to grow the walk alongside her Emirati partner, Asma Al Mutawa, who is a prominent cultural & literature advocate. The Walk is a heartfelt tribute to the women of the United Arab Emirates who helped shape the nation and focuses on 4 important pillars: culture and heritage, health and wellness, strength and leadership, and community building.
Upon engaging I&Co., the event had been organized without a formal approach to marketing or sponsorship manager. All marketing and media activity had been ad hoc.
Comprehensive Brand Management
2016 – Present
I&Co. came on board in a brand management capacity and took over all marketing and sponsor relationship management. The team has created a strategy for each year of engagement to help increase awareness for the event, increase the number of participants, and ensure sponsor satisfaction.
- A visual brand guideline was developed, and branded material improved the event’s recognition
- A marketing strategy was put into place for each year’s event
- Social media has been managed by I&Co. since 2016 and the following grew 90%
- Annual sponsorship packages were developed, official contracts signed, and benefits executed
- Annual sponsor reports were issued after each event
- A new website was launched in 2018 to better reflect the brand, improve user experience, and communicate important information
I&Co. managed the ending ceremony for 2018, 2019, and 2020 in Manarat Al Saadiyat and the Cultural Foundation, Abu Dhabi respectively.
- Participation rose 66% over the three years of working with I&Co.
- Media exposure increased 800% in the first year
- Sponsorship contributions in cash and kind increased over 700% over the four years of engagement.
In Their Words
“Proactive / insightful / professional / intuitive / dynamic /creative / organized / respectful and great communicators are a few of the descriptive words I would use to recommend this company. They met then exceeded my expectations every time. Often, they would anticipate my needs before I articulated them. I trust them to execute my vision and use their knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure my project is professionally presented and in the best possible light. They are the best in the marketing arena I have encountered.”
Jody Ballard, Women’s Heritage Walk Founder